More than 35 years of essential solutions and exceptional care.
The story of Alliance HealthCare Services begins with our roots in radiology in the early 1980’s. With a background in mobile medical services, Alliance was an early pioneer in transforming the diagnostic imaging industry by increasing the accessibility and availability of advanced imaging services to our hospital partners.
With the mission to transform healthcare services and innovate across the continuum, Alliance welcomed the addition of oncology services in the early 2000s, while also incrementally adding to our fixed-site, outpatient imaging platform. Holding a strong reputation as a trusted partner of over 1,100 hospitals and systems nationwide, in 2015 we added interventional pain management services to our expanding footprint. In 2018, we brought our expertise international.
At present, and with more than 35 years of experience, we have emerged as a global company. Alliance has a presence in approximately 47 states and the recent expansion to Asia highlights our spirit of progress and growth as a defining characteristic in our story to-date.
Our Milestones. Our Story.
- Alliance Imaging, Inc. founded as a mobile CT provider.
- Purchased our first mobile MRI system in Southern California; expanded services in Northern California and then the Central and Eastern US.
- Completed thirteen strategic radiology-related acquisitions.
- Reached 250 MRI systems nationwide, becoming the nation’s largest provider of mobile MRI services.
- Became the first national provider of shared imaging services to receive accreditation from The Joint Commission.
- Introduced PET/CT technology into our service line.
- Launched our first fixed-site imaging centers.
- Acquired PET Scans of America and ADC to strengthen our PET, PET/CT, and fixed-site imaging center business segments.
- Formed Alliance Oncology, a division of Alliance HealthCare Services, to add radiation therapy to our growth strategy.
- Acquired New England Health Imaging and Bethesda Regional Cancer Treatment Centers.
- Completed acquisitions to strengthen the radiation therapy and PET/CT segments, including six radiosurgery CyberKnife centers from Accuray.
- Acquired Diagnostic Health Anchorage, a large, multi-modality fixed-site center in Alaska.
- Acquired US Radiosurgery, making Alliance Oncology a leading national provider of stereotactic radiosurgery and related services with 15 centers.
- Alliance Imaging, Inc. rebrands as Alliance HealthCare Radiology, a division of Alliance HealthCare Services.
- Alliance Interventional, a division of Alliance HealthCare Services, is formed with the acquisition of The Pain Centers of Arizona and PRC Associates of Florida.
- Alliance HealthCare Services is taken private, and wholly owned by Tahoe Investment Group.
- Launched Alliance Specialty Surgical Center (ASSC), a premiere ambulatory surgery center, in Ormond Beach, Florida.
- Acquired five cancer care centers in Phoenix expanding our cancer care services to include radiation therapy, medical oncology/chemotherapy, surgery and other integrated offerings.
- Alliance International opens the first Health Management Center in Fuzhou, China.
- Acquired Northeast Radiology, a regional leader in multi-modality outpatient diagnostic imaging services located in New York and Connecticut.
- Rhonda Longmore-Grund is named Chief Executive Officer of Alliance HealthCare Services
- Alliance HealthCare Services one of the nation’s largest and most successful healthcare services organizations in the United States, as a leader in providing essential services and exceptional care in radiology services, cancer care and interventional pain management.